Hej,

there will be an ACM Document Engineering Symposium in Berlin on the
September 23 to September 26, 2019, where I am going to provide a poster
session related to the ODF Toolkit <https://doceng.org/doceng2019/program>.
I have once visited this ACM group in Colorado in 2014
<https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/blob/master/src/site/site/content/odftoolkit_website/docs/presentations/2014%20-%20ACM%20DocEng%20-%20Interoperable%20Document%20Collaboration.pdf>
show them the changes approach that was chosen by the OASIS ODF technical
committee for a future ODF change-tracking (not part of ODF 1.3).
Now as the ACM group is coming to my home town Berlin and I thought it was
worth to spend some time and money to attend their symposium again and
present some update to their wider research related audience
<https://doceng.org/doceng2019/organization>.
I took the opportunity to give a short paper/vision of up to 4 pages and I
thought it would be a splendid idea to write down everything that I had
learned in the past 20 years - or better what I had realized is missing -
on office documents and standardization and distil these ideas into 4
pages. In other words, I wrote on how a more advanced office format might
look like and called the paper "The Next Millenium File Format"
<https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/blob/master/src/site/site/content/odftoolkit_website/docs/presentations/2019%20-%20ACM%20DocEng%20-%20The_Next_Millennium_Document_Format_DRAFT_20190712.pdf>
.
There are just three basic design ideas I am focusing, which are going far
wider than the next collaboration work of the ODF Toolkit and it is likely
also my personal definition-of-done for my work in the office document area:

   1. Collaboration by design for an office file format
   2. Stable visualization by design for an office file format
   3. Agile standardization, which embraces tests and tools at
   standardization level and allows generation of software by machine-readable
   specification

The deadline for editing the paper is next Tuesday, if you have any
comments on improvement, please sent them to me directly (so we might avoid
traffic on the list).

Cheers,
Svante

PS: The early-bird price will be available until mid of August
<https://doceng.org/doceng2019/registration>.
I have joined 2014 the German Informatik Association <https://gi.de/>
(there are partner organisation for many countries), which gives a discount
in being an ACM member, which gives a discount to the ACM conference. ;-)