Hi everyone,

I have been updating the site documentation, yesterday and you may see the
site preview at:
https://tdf.github.io/odftoolkit/docs/

*NOTE: *Some links are not yet working (as for the upcoming release bundles
in-spe) or some new features of ODFDOM.
In addition, I don't like the CSS layout
<https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/blob/master/src/site/site/content/odftoolkit_website/css/odf.css>
100% but I would rather let others change it who understand more about it.
;-)
Any feedback is most welcome!

My priority is to update the documentation, that is painful enough...

The following is yet missing and will likely be fixed by myself this week:

   - Reviewing and updating all README.txt to README.md (markdown)
   - More documentation on the possibilities of the generator project
   - More documentation on the possibilities of the ODFDOM project
   - Review & update the ReleaseNotes.html &Changes.txt if necessary.

I would like to do it today or tomorrow, then I would release 0.9.0 and
1.0.0 in time for FOSDEM.

*What documentation seems to be missing and I would be happy to receive
real-world examples from users (you) *
1) An *ODFDOM application real-world example for automated writing of
documents* with data from a database/ODS file, for instance, how to

   1. Write a document with LibreOffice, insert placeholders/IDs via
   LibreOffice and
   2. Programmatically accesses this template via ODFDOM
   3. Finally using LibreOffice (headless) by command line as renderer
   outputs the whole thing to PDF/A-3.

The command-line usage I did before and I will meet many LibreOffice over
the week-end at FOSDEM to ask back. :-)

2) I already have a *real-world application example
<https://github.com/svanteschubert/en16931-data-extractor> for extracting
data by reading ODT with ODFDOM *(but no extracting of data from ODS)

   1. Where the CEN EU e-invoices specification (EN16931) as ODT document
   is being read by ODFDOM, to get the data from hundreds of pages of tables.
   2. Extract this data and the data obtained via ODFDOM and save it in a
   structured way as XML.

If someone of you is attending FOSDEM, drop me an email. I am happy to meet
you!

Cheers,
Svante

Am Mo., 27. Jan. 2020 um 10:45 Uhr schrieb Svante Schubert <