Hi there,

        I may have discovered a method in org.odftoolkit : odfdom-java :
0.8.6 which has Temporary Directory Vulnerability. The vulnerability is located in the
method newTempOdfDirectory from class
org.odftoolkit.odfdom.pkg.TempDir The vulnerability bears similarities to a recent CVE
disclosure CVE-2022-3969 in the "Document Management System" project.
Vulnerability Details:
 CVE Identifier: CVE-2022-3969
Affected by this issue is the function getFileExtension of the file
src/main/java/com/openkm/util/FileUtils.java. The manipulation leads to insecure temporary file.
Upgrading to version 6.3.12 is able to address this issue. The name of the patch is
c069e4d73ab8864345c25119d8459495f45453e1. It is recommended to upgrade the affected component. The
identifier of this vulnerability is VDB-213548.
Reference: https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-3969
 Vulnerability Description: The vulnerability is present in the
org.odftoolkit.odfdom.pkg.TempDir class, specifically in the
newTempOdfDirectory function. This function is responsible for handling temporary directories.
A chain of calls involving File.createTempFile() -> file.delete() -> either file.mkdir() or
file.mkdirs() has been detected, leaving the library exposed to Temporary Directory Hijacking or
Information Disclosure attacks.
        Library Usage:
        The org.odftoolkit : odfdom-java : 0.8.6 has 44 usages
according to Maven Repository and rank 8580 in MvnRepository. Besides, according to data from
library.io, this specific version, 0.8.6, stands out as the most prevalent, with an impressive
utilization rate of 33.88% among all libraries that incorporate "org.odftoolkit:odfdom-java". Due
to the extensive adoption of this library, the identified vulnerability poses the potential for
far-reaching consequences.
        Recommended Actions:
        To address this issue, I suggest the following actions:
        1. Apply Patch: Refer to the patch provided by the "Document Management
System" project, which shares similarities with this vulnerability. The patch can be found at the
following link:
https://github.com/openkm/document-management-system/commit/c069e4d73ab8864345c25119d8459495f45453e1.
        2. Review GitHub Pull Request: Study the detailed description of the
vulnerability and the proposed fix in the "Document Management System" project's GitHub pull
request: https://github.com/openkm/document-management-system/pull/332.

        I understand the importance of responsible disclosure, and I am
willing to cooperate with your team throughout the process of fixing and verifying the
vulnerability. If you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to
reach out to me.
        Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

             Best regards,

             Yiheng Cao