Hello Gerald,

On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 at 11:30, Winter, Gerald (eck*cellent IT) <
Gerald.Winter@eckcellent-it.de> wrote:

Hello again,

I found out that I have to create a <draw:frame> element with a
<draw:object> element that refers to the inserted document by attribte
"xlink:href". Now an OLE-Object of the inserted document is shown in
LibreOffice.

But is there any way to import the content of a document into another
document without creating an OLE-Object? I am looking for a similar
functionality as provided by LibreOffice: Insert -> Text From File

I just tested quickly "LibreOffice: Insert -> Text From File" in
LibreOffice, the styled text (including comments) had been added within the
same paragraph, which I had the cursor in. Likely all styles had been
copied (someone might say merged), too. It would require tests for me on
what would happen in detail with:

   1. template styles, which are used by the new and main document,
   2. likely that automatic styles like lists and tables are being renamed
   3. if header/footer being added, too?
   4. ...

I am not aware of such high-level functionality existing, but you need to
take care that there are no conflicts with merging.

There is also another way to add functionality, to embed a document
completely into a new directory, which might be easier and I would give it
a try.
You can test it by inserting a chart into a spreadsheet to view the data,
this will look like this:
"Object 1" is a directory containing the chart with its own content.xml,
styles, xml, etc. This directory will have a "mimetype" for chart in the
manifest.xml
<office:body>
    <office:spreadsheet>
table:use-regular-expressions="false" table:use-wildcards="true"/>
                <draw:frame draw:z-index="0" draw:style-name="gr1"
draw:text-style-name="P1" svg:width="15.997cm" svg:height="9.005cm"
svg:x="0.468cm" svg:y="2.337cm">
                    <draw:object
draw:notify-on-update-of-ranges="Tabelle1.A7:Tabelle1.A7" xlink:href="*./Object
1*" xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad">
                        <loext:p/>

I suggest testing its creation and viewing first with LibreOffice, perhaps
manipulating it a bit with a text editor (JEdit can open XML within a zip
with its Archive plugin and you may also save the XML change within the
ZIP! There is also some XML plugin for indent of the content.xml - but
beware it does not take care of ODF whitespace handling - no ODFDOM being
used within the plugin ;-)

I would be very happy to hear your suggestions

What do you think?

Best regards,
Svante

Best regards,
Gerald

eck*cellent IT GmbH

Standort Braunschweig
Theodor-Heuss-Stra?e 2
38122 Braunschweig
Tel.:  +49 (531) 70 22-20 00
Fax:   +49 (531) 70 22-22 99

Standort Dortmund
Emil-Figge-Stra?e 90
44227 Dortmund
Tel.:  +49 (231) 97 10-87 00
Fax:   +49 (231) 97 10-87 69

https://www.eckcellent-it.de
Zertifikat seit 2005 audit berufundfamilie(r)
Zertifizierung nach ISO 9001:2015

Gesch?ftsf?hrung
Imo Hermes
Rebecca Labes

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Braunschweig
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 4631
Ust.-IdNr. DE 195 294 773

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrt?mlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

--