Dear ODF Toolkit users,

I will be attending FOSDEM start of next month and aim to provide
sufficient documentation to be able to do the 0.9 release around the time
of FOSDEM (latest on my way back) - so my plan.

Currently, I have the following releases in mind:

   - *0.9.0 - supporting ODF 1.2* -- (our release closest to the last
   Apache sources to provide a seamless switch to TDF)
   - *0.9.5 - supporting ODF 1.3 -- (snapshot Maven only - uncertain if
   this SNAPSHOT release will happen at all) *
   - *1.0.0 - supporting ODF 1.2* -- (a huge functionality jump, supporting
   changes for collaboration. Downside the former IBM Simple API will be
   dropped due to their incompatible copy/paste concept).
   - 2.0.0 - supporting ODF 1.3 -- (switch of ODF version is worth to
   version number increase - in addition the Apache validator release number
   was about 1.3.5 and we would overrule it by the jump)

This is the outcome, of what I have discussed with Michael Stahl and Oliver
Rau by phone

My plan is to do the 0.9.0 release around FOSDEM within two weeks and
likely the 1.0.0 right after (perhaps an RC in between).
I have started an ODF 1.3 branch on 0.9.0
<https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/tree/0.9-ODF1.3> and added an ODF 1.3
issue <https://github.com/tdf/odftoolkit/issues/26> for collecting the
further work to be done, but I suggest not to do alternating ODF 1.2 and
1.3 releases and stop the work on the 0.9 branch as there are several years
of work between the 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 branch - due to the merge of my work at
ODFDOM fork of the Open-XChange backend.

Best regards,
Svante

PS: If you are as well going to FOSDEM - 56 topics in 56 devrooms to pick
your flavor - <https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/> and you like to meet,
please drop me a personal email!